The Renewal Presentation
Attendees will be able to submit questions and have them addressed by Kendrick during the event.
Nominal pre-work is required and will cover:
- A comparative presentation of Low-morale experience development
- The role of Library and Information Science (LIS)-based and workplace barriers to resolving low morale
- Targeted exploration of systems, cultures, and LIS norms and their interactions with low-morale experiences
- Emerging and established pathways workplace empowerment and improving individual choices and organizational culture
Kaetrena Davis Kendrick earned her MSLS from the historic Clark Atlanta University School of Library and Information Studies. Her research interests include professionalism, ethics, racial and ethnic diversity in the LIS field, and the role of communities of practice in practical academic librarianship. In her daily and long-term work, Kendrick has transformed library programs, services, and culture via creativity, leadership, and advocacy. Kendrick also leads professional development opportunities and organizational dialogues designed to energize employee morale and promote empathetic leadership in North American libraries. In 2019, Kendrick was named the Association of College and Research Libraries' Academic/Research Librarian of the Year. Learn more about Kaetrena's mission and activities.
Registration for this event is limited to current Amigos Library Services Members. (there is no charge for this session)
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minium requirements page.
This course consists of one 1 hour session.
Instructor: Kaetrena Davis Kendrick - firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 1
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT