Have You Registered? - What's Around the Next Bend: Future Currents in Resource Sharing
Don't miss the November 15 online conference “What’s Around the Next Bend: Future Currents in Resource Sharing”. The conference will cover a variety of topics, including marketing interlibrary loan to students, the cost of ILL, free web tools for streamlining ILL as well as e-books and ILL.
Cyril Oberlander, winner of the 2012 Virginia Boucher-OCLC Distinguished Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Librarian Award, will begin the conference with his keynote address “The Future of Interlibrary Loan- Valued Role in Transforming Libraries”. He will discuss what libraries will experience looking forward to the next five years, and what it will mean for their services, roles, skills, and expectations.
Three concurrent sessions will run throughout the day. Among the scheduled sessions are:
- The Cost of ILL: Real Numbers for Better Decision Making, presented by Lars Leon, University of Kansas
- E-books and ILL: Turbulent Waters, presented by Linda Frederiksen, Washington State University Vancouver
- Campus Book Delivery via Bicycle, presented by Molly Murphy, University of Oklahoma
- Marketing Interlibrary Loan to Students: Promoting and Expanding Services, presented by Kristen Palmiere, University of Texas at Dallas
- The Get It Now Experience, presented by Tim Bowen of the Copyright Clearance Center
- Rising to the Challenge of International Resource Sharing, presented by Tina Baich, Indiana University-Purdue
For the full schedule and registration, click here. Early bird registration ends November 1, 2012.