Joining Amigos Library Services
Who can join?
Libraries of all types, museums, and information centers are eligible to join Amigos. There are no geographic restrictions.
How are membership dues determined?
Amigos Library Services determines membership dues based on a library's operating budget data as published by National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), a state library, or as self-reported by the institution to Amigos. Operating budget data is defined as the total of all costs involved in supporting library or information services and operations for a 12-month period. The operating budget includes all expenses, regardless of funding source.
How do you join?
To become an Amigos Library Services member, please complete or provide the following documents:
- Member agreement (contact the Amigos office for a customized agreement for signing)
- Member Contact form (see below)
- A current W-9 for the institution
- Consider completion of the Amigos Resource Sharing agreement
- (optional step) Self-report your budget data here: https://www.amigos.org/node/7323
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-843-8482 for pricing on a specific service.