Elsevier comes to the Amigos eShelf℠ Service
We recently received our initial load of science and technology e-books from Elsevier. Although a final count is yet to come, we have approximately 30,000 e-book files representing about as many titles.
We are very excited about this addition to our service for a number of reasons:
- Elsevier is our first large all-academic publisher.
- All titles are available through a perpetual, unlimited license.
- Elsevier has given our libraries the ability to move their titles to another platform if desired. The platform has to be vetted by Elsevier, and we will help the library move these titles. Soon, we will be able to host titles moved from another platform to ours.
There are two limitations libraries should be aware of:
- Interlibrary loan of these titles is not allowed.
- Although consortia pricing and use will be available, these purchases have to go through Elsevier. The Amigos eShelf℠ Team will facilitate this process.
The Elsevier titles are currently on our servers, and over the next few weeks, we will be working to add them to our e-book platform. If you are interested in more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.