Learn about Amigos eShelf℠ Service at our Brown Bag Series
Over the past months, Amigos has been adding new functionality to the Amigos eShelf℠ Service. Throughout the month of September, Christine Peterson, Amigos eShelf℠ Manager, will conduct a series of noontime (CDT) webinars:
- September 2
- September 5-9
- September 12-14
- September 19, 21, 23
- September 26-27
There’s no need to register! Select the day that works best for your schedule and use the link below to login just before noon Central on your preferential day.
Learn about the functionality that is new to this version:
- Ordering and usage statistics
- Easy identification of titles your library has already purchased
- Creating lists of ebooks that can be shared, merged, copied, or moved into a shopping cart
- Librarians can add, delete, or modify their organization's staff members
- Librarians can be a part of multiple organizations
The Amigos eShelf℠ Service provides options for libraries who work with e-books. It enhances e-book services that libraries already use, but can also be a library’s sole e-book service. Our pricing does not act as a barrier to entry and we are member-driven, implementing functionality suggested by Amigos members. Amigos:
- Works with publishers to provide e-book titles that libraries can purchase.
- Has secured interlibrary loan rights for most publishers.
- Allows libraries to choose where these e-books are found by their patrons, e.g., through their ILS or discovery service, or separately through an Amigos-supplied website.
- Allows patrons to read on most e-reader devices, as well as use their smartphone or tablet.
Join us for these informative webinars. Bring your lunch and your co-workers!