LAST CHANCE!!! Submit a proposal to present at online conference - Speak Up – Advocating for You and Your Library
What do you think of when you hear the word "advocacy"? Do you immediately think of stumping on Capitol Hill and meeting with local government officials? "Advocacy" is much more than politics. Every day, librarians and staff find themselves in situations where they must advocate for resources, money, and services for their libraries, in addition to advocating for themselves and their career as professionals.
Join us on Wednesday, September 12 for an Amigos Library Services online conference, Speak Up – Advocating for You and Your Library, where we will explore advocacy beyond politics.
We are now accepting presentation proposals for this conference. Suggested topic areas include but are not limited to:
- Creating the right message about your library
- Identifying and crafting your communication strategy
- Building public awareness
- Responding to a budget crisis
- Self-advocacy-asking for and seeking what you need
- Developing relationships with your administrators and leadership
- Building your network of supporters and advocates in the community
- Dealing effectively with the media
- Working in collaboration with other organizations or departments
If you can speak to one of these topics, or have another idea in mind, submit your proposal here. The deadline to submit your proposal is June 29.