Part-Time Librarian -- Lone Star College - North Harris -- Houston, TX
Job ID: 32291
Location: LSC-North Harris
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Apply here: https://hcm.lonestar.edu/psc/hcmprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_S...
Purpose and Scope:
Promotes and supports student learning. Responsible for providing and disseminating information services in support of the college's mission to provide quality educational programs to a diverse student population. Position's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, personal and professional development, and institutional and community service. Reference services may include developing or acquiring instructional materials and providing assistance to the college community in the use of research technology and materials. Position contributes to the educational environment of the college by teaching information literacy and providing support for classroom learning.
Essential Job Functions:
- Instructs students, faculty, and other library users in accessing and using print, audio-visual, and electronic information resources
- Plans and develops a variety of instructional materials using appropriate technologies that will assist students in meeting their research needs
- Promotes the use of general and subject-oriented print and electronic research guides and other instructional materials
- Plans, organizes, and delivers research instruction and other programming
- Maintains a study atmosphere conducive to student learning
- Evaluates, acquires, and provides access to information resources in a variety of formats to support student learning
- Maintains professional working relationships with students, colleagues, and other library users
- Assists students and faculty by supporting specific programs or course research needs
- Provides reference assistance during the day, evenings, and weekends to meet student, faculty, and community research needs
- Interprets policies and procedures for library users
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skills in library technology
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and community
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule and Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Work schedule is weekends and evenings only
Master's degree in Library Science
- Minimum 3 years' library experience in higher education, preferably at a community college
- Thorough knowledge of library automation systems, including circulation and acquisitions functions
Hourly Pay Rate is $25.16
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.