Director of Learning Resource Center -- Baylor University -- Dallas, TX
Baylor University: Office of the Provost: Louise Herrington School of Nursing
Director of Learning Resource Center
Location: Dallas, Texas
Open Date: Pending
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For." The University is seeking a new Director of the Learning Resource Center for the Baylor University Louise Herrington School of Nursing. (Dallas based, faculty classification.) Baylor seeks candidates with a deep commitment to excellence in teaching, research and scholarship and who share in our aspiration to become a tier one research institution while strengthening our distinctive Christian mission as described in our strategic vision, Illuminate (www.baylor.edu/illuminate). As the world’s largest Baptist University, Baylor offers over 40 doctoral programs and has almost 17,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, LHSON offers Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degrees through Traditional and FastBacc® (one year accelerated) programs. LHSON also offers online graduate programs, including a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program with specialty tracks for Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Midwifery and Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Also offered are a separate DNP Executive Nursing Leadership degree program and a nationally-ranked partnership U.S. Army Anesthesia Nursing DNP degree program. The U.S. News & World Report (USNWR) 2020 Best Graduate Schools ranked LHSON’s DNP program #41. USNWR’s 2020 Best Online Graduate Programs ranked LHSON’s MSN online degree program #41 and #8 in the specialty program category of Nursing Administration/Leadership. The Nurse Midwifery program is rated #10 in its respective specialty program rankings.
The School of Nursing recently celebrated its 110th anniversary and is energetically pursuing a second century of delivery of innovative programs to educate and equip new and advanced practice nurses. This is an exciting time at Baylor. The University has adopted a new strategic plan and new visions have been developed for the School to contribute to the University’s plan to strive to attain R-1 status. We invite you to come discover and shape that vision at Baylor.
Located near downtown Dallas at Baylor University Medical Center campus, the LHSON’s state of the art Academic Building provides an atmosphere conducive to developing the best and the brightest next generation of Baylor Nurses. The nearby Clinical Simulation Building focuses on clinical practice, providing simulation laboratories for Baylor nursing students and faculty.
The Director of the Learning Resource Center provides direct oversight and leadership for the Learning Resource Center at the Louise Herrington School of Nursing. The Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations and long-range planning of the LRC to insure exceptional patron service and research services to Baylor LHSON students, staff and faculty. The Director is responsible for library outreach, public relations, collection development, document delivery, and the provision of reference and literature searching services. The Director represents the Nursing LRC and LHSON both on and off campus and at professional meetings and conferences.
- Graduate degree in library science, information science or bioinformatics from an ALA-accredited program.
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic health sciences library or health association library
- Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals at the Senior level or higher
- Demonstrated familiarity with digital library technologies, collection development, cataloging, reference services, resource sharing and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic resources commonly used in nursing and the health sciences.
- Experience with the provision of library/information services through social media and learning management systems
- Knowledge of citation management applications commonly used in health sciences
- Familiarity with conducting systematic, integrative, or scoping literature reviews
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively in a health science academic setting
- Ability to work independently and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Budget preparation and personnel management experience preferred
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts and statement of faith.
Interfolio Number: http://apply.interfolio.com/73702