Library Resources and Access Services Clerk -- Webster University -- Webster Groves, MO
Posting Number: S1042
Job Title: Library Resources and Access Services Clerk
Location: St. Louis/Webster Groves, MO
Apply here: https://webster.peopleadmin.com/bookmarks?posting_id=5141
Job Description Summary
The Resources & Access Services Clerk serves as the first point of contact for many of the library’s users, creating a welcoming environment and providing exemplary service for students, faculty, and staff.
Based at the library's first floor service desk during nights and weekends, the incumbent uses strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills to collaborate with other library staff to assist users with accessing library services and resources. As needed, is responsible for opening and closing the library. Assists Resources & Access Services staff with item reservations as well as loans to and from other libraries. When full-time staff are not available for consultation, the Resources & Access Services Clerk is empowered to work independently or in consultation with Research Services staff to resolve user questions and issues.
Reports to the Director of Library Resources and Access Services.
Two years of college coursework required.
- Library experience, preferably in providing direct services to the public.
- Communicates clearly and professionally in person, in writing, and over the phone.
- Ability to help supervise up to three student employees per shift.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow and create written procedures and routinely perform those procedures.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Experience using a range of basic computer programs and office equipment.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
Within the normal range of an office environment. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and spend long periods of time sitting or standing.
- Works at the library’s first floor service desk at scheduled intervals and rotates coverage of the desk with other Resources & Access Services staff.
- Assists patrons in person and on the phone. Answers questions and directs patrons to appropriate location, personnel, or department.
- § Is dependable when scheduled to open or close the library and follows established procedures.
- Applies knowledge of the Library’s Sierra LIS (library information system) in order to help library users locate, request, and check out materials.
- Uses this same system to check in library materials, process materials, and to create and update patron records.
- Supervises up to three Resources & Access Services student employees in routine activities including desk coverage, shelving, and shelf reading.
- Assists with filling Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan requests using ILLiad.
- Assists with filling MOBIUS requests using the LIS to generate paging slips, pull materials, and process items.
- Works with Research Services staff and Resources & Access Services student workers to troubleshoot and resolve problems with technology in the library. Follows standard procedures for reporting those problems to Webster IT, the Library E-resources ticket system, and the library staff when unable to resolve the problems.
- Replaces paper and toner in both public and staff printers as necessary and follows established procedures for requesting new supplies of paper and toner.
- Monitors the daily Library Conference Room event schedule in order to ensure that the Library Conference Room is set up for the next scheduled event.
- Shelves materials, shelf reads, and helps conduct inventories.
Communicates with supervisor and other library staff as needed regarding incidents occurring during shift.
Full Time (greater than 30 hrs/wk) or Part Time (less than 30 hrs/wk): Part Time
Open Date: 07/16/2021
Open Until Filled: No